The following websites are from Organisations or individuals who have supported the Kitemark. We will continue to add more details.
Age UK is a good reference point for ageing issues.
A non-profit making public information, advisory and advocacy service specialising in elderly care funding advice.
Guide to over 21,000 nursing and residential care homes in the UK.
Care Quality Commission
Dementia Care Matters
Is a leading dementia care, culture change training organisation led by David Sheard.
Eden Alternative UK
An organisation dedicated to improving the experience of aging and disability by changing the culture of care.
Exeter Dementia Action Alliance
The alliance is working towards a Dementia friendly Exeter.
Campaign for the right to stay with people with dementia and be supported by their family carers.
Social Care Commitment
The Social Care Commitment is the adult social care sector’s promise to provide people who need care and support with high quality services.
SW Academic Science Health Network
The South West Academic Health Science Network is dedicated to improving health and care, and spreading innovation across the region.
The Alzheimer’s Society
Alzheimer’s Society staff and volunteers provide both local information to people affected by dementia in their communities.
The Devon Care Kitemark also acts on behalf of its members: representing views, raising and addressing concerns, challenging local authorities or other bodies to improve Health & Social Care within Devon.
The DCKM will continue to be the representative body that:
- Challenges commissioners to become more accountable in the procuring high quality sustainable care in Devon
- Represent providers in shaping policy for example Safeguarding
- Raise concerns with Members of Parliament to help address challenges, shape initiatives and influence Local and Central Government
- Develops strong links to the NHS, both locally and nationally
- Supports members of the Kitemark where possible