Devon Care Kite Mark Events
The Devon Care Kitemark has a busy calendar of events for its members. Many events are free to members and offer a chance to update skills and shape your practice. The year usually includes a number of Skills Academy Events covering a range of topics.
About our events
These Skills Academy events usually have a specialist expert speaker and discussion about what we do well and how we can improve. Peer reviews about the topic of the Skills Academy often follow.
Bi-annually a Masterclass Programme is organised for managers and their deputies around leadership and improving lives of those in our care. The annual Jamboree has a number of short vignettes from Kitemark members and friends.
- June 14th – DCKM Culture in Care Homes 1pm – 4pm at Sefton Hall
- July 17th – DCKM Improving Meal Time Experience 1pm – 4pm at Sefton Hall
- September 27th & 28th – DCKM Master Class for Managers or aspiring Managers
- December 6th – DCKM Christmas Jamboree All Day Location TBC
Please book here and state which course(s) you are interested in.
- March 2nd – Culture Seminar; staff development and innovation
- February 20th – Continence, UTI’s & Best Practice
- Nov 23rd: DCKM Jamboree Thanksgiving “Preparing For The Future”
- Sept 28th, Oct 5th and Oct 12th: Master Class for Managers, Leaders and Seniors Course over 3 days; effective leadership, team development and developing an outstanding quality of life.
- Sept 21st: Skills Academy master class on pain management in residential care.
- July 20th: Skills Academy master class on Activities and Family friendliness.
- April 19th: Skills Academy master class on Mental Health.
- April 6th 2017: Discussion regarding Eden Alternative from an activity provision point of view.
- March 20th 2017: Meeting with William Roberts, NHS Vanguard lead for Care Homes.