Devon Care Kite Mark Events
The Devon Care Kitemark has a busy calendar of events for its members. Many events are free to members and offer a chance to update skills and shape your practice. The year usually includes a number of Skills Academy Events covering a range of topics.
About our events
These Skills Academy events usually have a specialist expert speaker and discussion about what we do well and how we can improve. Peer reviews about the topic of the Skills Academy often follow.
Bi-annually a Masterclass Programme is organised for managers and their deputies around leadership and improving lives of those in our care. The annual Jamboree has a number of short vignettes from Kitemark members and friends.
Upcoming 2019 events:
Please book here and state which events/courses you are interested in.
- 30th October – Enhanced Care in Care Homes DES, Structured Medicines Review, and Optimisation and Anticipatory Care with NHS South West Collaborative Design Day to deliver the Primary Care Network DES’s Exeter
- 24th October – Digitalisation and Technology in Care Homes
- 1st – 2nd October – Masterclass for Managers and Aspiring Leaders
- 13th August – Workshop on Oral Health in Care Homes at AHSN
- 1st-2nd August – ‘Eden’ Training at AHSN
- 25th July – TedX inspired event regarding Care Homes. Care Homes: The Art of the Irresisible
- May 9th – Best Practice Masterclass
- March 28th – Participative Workshop with SWAHSN on Serious Incident Response Discussion.
- December 6th – DCKM Christmas Conference at Exeter Racecourse. Speakers confirmed so far are Andrea Sutcliffe CBE Chief Inspector for Social Care at the Care Quality Commission.
- October 11th – Providers only event regarding Care Homes Funding
- October 17th & 18th – DCKM Master Class for Managers or aspiring Managers