Devon Care Kite Mark Events
The Devon Care Kitemark has a busy calendar of events for its members. Many events are free to members and offer a chance to update skills and shape your practice. The year usually includes a number of Skills Academy Events covering a range of topics.
About our events
These Skills Academy events usually have a specialist expert speaker and discussion about what we do well and how we can improve. Peer reviews about the topic of the Skills Academy often follow.
Bi-annually a Masterclass Programme is organised for managers and their deputies around leadership and improving lives of those in our care. The annual Jamboree has a number of short vignettes from Kitemark members and friends.
Thank you to everyone for attending the
#DevonCareKiteMark 2018 Conference. It was a huge success with so many people learning and sharing best practice. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
Upcoming 2019 events:
9th May – Refresher Masterclass (Times and Location TBC)
16th May – Providers Only event (Message us for more details)
June – Masterclass Digitalisation, Innovation and Technology (Times and Location TBC)
1st – 2nd October – Masterclass for Managers and Aspiring Leaders (Times and Location TBC)
December 5th – Annual Conference (Times and Location TBC)
Please book here and state which events/courses you are interested in.
- March 28th – Participative Workshop with SWAHSN on Serious Incident Response Discussion.
- December 6th – DCKM Christmas Conference at Exeter Racecourse 9.15am – 4pm. Speakers confirmed so far are Andrea Sutcliffe CBE Chief Inspector for Social Care at the Care Quality Commission.
- October 11th – Providers only event regarding Care Homes Funding at Sefton Hall 2 pm – 4 pm
- October 17th & 18th – DCKM Master Class for Managers or aspiring Managers
- July 17th – DCKM Improving Meal Time Experience
- June 14th – DCKM Culture in Care Homes
- March 2nd – Culture Seminar; staff development and innovation
- February 20th – Continence, UTI’s & Best Practice
- Nov 23rd: DCKM Jamboree Thanksgiving “Preparing For The Future”
- Sept 28th, Oct 5th and Oct 12th: Master Class for Managers, Leaders and Seniors Course over 3 days; effective leadership, team development and developing an outstanding quality of life.