Devon Care Kite Mark Events
The Devon Care Kitemark has a busy calendar of events for its members. Many events are free to members and offer a chance to update skills and shape your practice. The year usually includes a number of Skills Academy Events covering a range of topics.
About our events
These Skills Academy events usually have a specialist expert speaker and discussion about what we do well and how we can improve. Peer reviews about the topic of the Skills Academy often follow.
Bi-annually a Masterclass Programme is organised for managers and their deputies around leadership and improving lives of those in our care. The annual Jamboree has a number of short vignettes from Kitemark members and friends.
Thank you to everyone for attending this years
#DevonCareKiteMark 2018 Conference. It was a huge success with so many people learning and sharing best practice. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
Upcoming 2019 events:
28th March 2019 2pm-4.30pm Participative Workshop with SWAHSN on Serious Incident Response Discussion. Location: South West Academic Health Science Network, Pynes Hill, Exeter, EX2 5AZ
1st – 2nd October 2019 (Times and Location tbc) Masterclass for Managers and Aspiring Leaders
1st May (Times and Location TBC) Refresher Masterclass
December 5th 2019 Annual Conference
Please book here and state which events/courses you are interested in.
- December 6th – DCKM Christmas Conference at Exeter Racecourse 9.15am – 4pm. Speakers confirmed so far are Andrea Sutcliffe CBE Chief Inspector for Social Care at the Care Quality Commission.
- October 11th – Providers only event regarding Care Homes Funding at Sefton Hall 2 pm – 4 pm
- October 17th & 18th – DCKM Master Class for Managers or aspiring Managers
- July 17th – DCKM Improving Meal Time Experience
- June 14th – DCKM Culture in Care Homes
- March 2nd – Culture Seminar; staff development and innovation
- February 20th – Continence, UTI’s & Best Practice
- Nov 23rd: DCKM Jamboree Thanksgiving “Preparing For The Future”
- Sept 28th, Oct 5th and Oct 12th: Master Class for Managers, Leaders and Seniors Course over 3 days; effective leadership, team development and developing an outstanding quality of life.
- Sept 21st: Skills Academy master class on pain management in residential care.
- July 20th: Skills Academy master class on Activities and Family friendliness.
- April 19th: Skills Academy master class on Mental Health.